Monday, April 9, 2007

Final Preparations

April 9th: Well everyone we are down to the week of departure. Looks as if we will be able to get off on Wednesday morning as expected. I have watched the weather closely and have decided to make a plan change. Instead of going west on I-70 to St. Louis then down to Oklahoma City to catch I-40 to Phoenix we will instead take I-81 south to Knoxville, TN then slope across in I-75/I-59 and catch I-20 to Shreveport, LA and beyond. That will put us in El Passo, TX next Monday the 16th. Plan to spend a few days then at the El Passo West Campground the up to central NM for a week. Central AZ will be another week then on to Palm Springs, CA for a few day and will spend a while around San Diego. After that it is up the coast to Seattle and over to Yellowstone and Salt Lake City, UT and back home.
Busy today packing the trailer and getting the truck fueled. Last minute packing on Tuesday then off.
I hope to be able to keep this up as we go. The next entry however will probably be in New Mexico when we slow down a bit. Hugs to everyone. Clark & Carolyn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really cool. I am looking forward to your next blog.
Gay

Anonymous said...

Clark and Carolyn, we wish you a wonderful and safe trip. We'll be here guarding the home front.

Ted and Pat

tazweeza said...

Hey-Guys !

If you go thru LOS CRUCES, NM. BE SURE and go to "OLD MESA" .Tons of Little Shops. My friend Sylvia in Nashville, that is her home town. I've been there twice. LOVE THOSE SHOPS ..... Have A GREAT TIME <>

Pauletta