Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Santa Cruz

Tuesday May 22nd: Drove on over to Santa Cruz on Sunday the 20th to visit my Aunt for a couple of days. We stayed at a KOA (again) south of Santa Cruz and it was (again) a really good campground. We have had a nice visit to get to know each other after fifteen years. She took us to the Bargetto Winery here, and of course we bought several bottles. Karl, we got you a really good Ruby Port that I think that you will like. I know I liked it and got myself a bottle also, but it may not make it back to the East Coast. Then we went down to the Santa Cruz harbor on Monterey Bay for a wonderful meal overlooking the bay and lighthouse and boats sailing through. It was really good seeing her again and I hope that it won't be another fifteen years.
Wednesday we will go on up into Napa Valley and the Sonoma Valley area and will spend several days driving from winery to winery. The AAA lists over 150 wineries there so we plan to have a good time.

No comments: